Thursday, December 24, 2009

Chapter 290

Richie looked up into Cheyenne’s pale face her eyes so big they almost swallowed her whole face.

“Oh God. Jon is onto us. Richie I told you it was a bad idea to involve you in this! He’ll find me.”

Richie walked over and pulled the shivering woman into his arms.

“Sweetheart, I told you I’ll take care of you. You will be just fine and even if Jon finds you what will he do? He is not an abuser, he will scream and shout..”

“…and take my babies from me! Jon doesn’t care for me. Deep down he knows these babies are his and I have never once doubted that he is a good father. He wont let me keep them. He will take them from me, he has the power and the money Richie. The tabloids are already full of my so-called infidelity, he can use it against me and he will.

She was shaking and crying uncontrollably now. Richie was stroking her hair, trying to soothe her.

“Shhh, sweetie calm down. It’s not good for the babies. Breathe honey, everything is going to be ok.”

He took her to her room, opened the covers for her.

“I’m gonna make you something warm . I’ll be back in a few.”

He came back with two steamy hot chocolate mugs. He settled in next to her. She was calmer but her eyes were stormy as her fears still ripped through her.

They finished their hot chocolate and just as Richie got up, Cheyenne grabbed his hand.

“Would you sit with me until I sleep. I don’t want to be alone, please?”

“Sure sweetie.” She looked so vulnerable and it tugged at his heartstrings.

Cheyenne lifted the cover for him, he flicked the tv on, taking Cheyenne’s small hand in his, resting it on his chest. He could just as well watch something while he waited for her to fall asleep.

“You get some sleep. I’ll be here.”

“Thanx Rich.”

The warmth of the hot chocolate and Richie’s firm grip on her hand soothed her enough to fall into a dreamless sleep.

Richie felt himself drifting off a few times, Cheyenne had turned towards him in her sleep, her bump pressing into his side. He smiled as he felt the occasional bump and kick. Her hand had relaxed as she fell asleep and slipped down to his waist. She was holding on to him for dear life. He tried to move away but she groaned and only held him tighter.

Oh well maybe just a few minutes more…

Cheyenne woke up, winching as she felt her stiff neck muscles. The arm under her felt strange for some reason. She turned towards the warm body, just to froze in complete shock Her arm was draped over Richie’s waist, Richie was facing her, his arms holding her close to him. He was so much bigger than her and she found herself staring into a smooth male chest, small patches of fur covered his nipples.

She went completely still for a moment, not sure what to do. Her brain jerked back to life and she pushed lightly against him to free herself from his arm.

Richie’s grip tightened for a moment, he became aware of his surroundings and his eyes flew open.

His arms fell away but she didn’t miss the mischievous look in his eyes.

“Sorry honey. Didn’t mean for this to happen, but you wouldn’t let go.”

“Richie!” She could be so young and vulnerable sometimes!

“Really! But hey I’m not complaining! Although the babies got a few kicks in!”

She giggled.

“Served you right! I’m sorry Richie, I hope I didn’t make you feel uncomfortable.”

“No actually I had a great night’s sleep.” He gave her his best goofy grin ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment