Thursday, December 24, 2009

Chapter 371

“When do I get a chance to say hi to the foxy lady?” Richie lopsided grin tucked at her heartstrings.

“Now, would be a good time.”

Cheyenne and Connor was swallowed up into his arms. He just stood like that for a few moments.

“You are one strong woman, honey! I’m glad to see you are ok. Everything is just going to be straightforward from now on. Hell we have to get you out of this bed as soon as possible, I didn’t go through a two hour gruelling fitting for nothin’!”

Cheyenne laughed gingerly, she didn’t want to hurt herself.

‘I’ll be there, nothing will keep me from that aisle. I have a mighty expensive dress to show off!”

“I like the way you think darlin’” Cheyenne felt a light kiss on her forehead.

Jon sat back and enjoyed the banter between the two. Richie always had this gift to turn a sombre moment into a relaxed, carefree moment, and for that he was so grateful for.

The next moment Mikayla held her hands out to her smiling mom. Jon’s eyes met hers and his smile stole her breath away.

“There ya go, sweetheart. She just needed to see her mommy’s gorgeous smile.”

Mikayla curled into her mother’s body, resting her curly little head trustingly on her mom’s chest, her little hands holding onto one of Cheyenne’s curls.

It felt like her heart would explode from all the love she felt at that moment. She was surrounded by people who loved her, really and truly loved her.

Connor’s little body was starting to lose its muscles too and Christie stepped closer, taking the sleepy boy from his mother.

“I guess that’s our cue to get our butts out of here. The Bongiovi babies need their beds and to be honest I could hurt a bed right now!”

Everyone said their goodnights and not longer after, Jon and Cheyenne were alone again.

“Aren’t you going home too? You need your rest too.”

“Dont you want me to stay with you?” His eyes were a brilliant blue.

“I’m so sure they might knock me out, so I wont even know you are here and besides I’ll feel better if I know you’ll be with the babies.”

His fingers traced the outline of her jawline, lifting it gently to place a warm kiss on her lips.

“Ok, I’ll go, after you’ve fallen asleep. I need to know you are ok to be alone tonight.”

Just as Cheyenne thought, they gave her medication to ensure a good night’s sleep. With a heavy heart he walked out to find Richie waiting for him in the car. It was going to be a long, lonely night.

No comments:

Post a Comment