Thursday, December 24, 2009

Chapter 355

Cheyenne’s head was lying on his chest, their bodies hugging close together. She could hear his heartbeat slowing down to a slow, strong thud. Her cheek was buried in his fur, his smell comforting her.

“Welcome home, honey.”

A rumble shook his chest.

“Well thank you kindly darling. What a way to be welcomed back!”

“I missed you….”

He kissed her soft, shining head.

“I missed you too, more than you will ever know!”

An uncomfortable silence stretched between them, the reason for his coming back weighing heavily on their minds.

“Baby, I’m sorry for what you are going through, but just know I will do anything in my power to make sure you and my kids will be safe. I wont let him come close to you.”

Her index finger silenced him, pressing softly against his passion swollen lips.

“I don’t want to speak about him. I want to lay in you arms, hold you, just knowing you are here. I wont let his shadow into our bedroom, he’s not worth it.”

The kiss she gave him was so gentle, he felt his heart flutter at the love of that single, heartfelt kiss.

She settled back onto his chest, planting an unexpected kiss on his chest just before she lay down. He felt the grip of her arms slacking after a while, her breathing slow and rhythmic.

Making sure she was fast asleep he, moved from her, slipping the covers over her, he slipped his jeans on, deciding to let her sleep while he said hi to his kids.

Nick was walking up and down the hall, nodding to acknowledge Jon’s presence.

The nanny was busy changing the babies’ diapers when he walked in. She never could get used to the fact that she was tending to one of the world’s sexiest rock stars’ twins and Jon didn’t miss the faint blush as he greeted her causally.

“Hi darlin’, the babies ok?”

She stuttered her answer, turning back, she kept herself busy with the baby.

Mikayla smiled when Jon picked her up, her little chubby hands reaching for her dad’s chest hair.

“Ouch! Honey, now that’s not nice, pulling daddy’s hair like that.”

He cooed at the chubby little girl, ignoring her father’s cries of pain, her little face frowning as she concentrated only harder to get hold of the fuzzy hair on her dad’s chest.

The sound of a rattle grabbed her attention and she reached for it. A sigh of relieve escaped his lips. Thank God babies had short attention spans! He rubbed over the little bald spot where Mikayla had just helped herself to some fur, as Cheyenne called it.

The nanny spread a thick blanket on the floor, laying Connor down as Jon sat down to spend some time with them.

The nanny was unsure to what to do and when Jon told her she could take a break as long as she send Violet up with a nice cup of strong coffee, he could hear her relieved sigh.

He chuckled as he saw her rushing out, a high flush on her cheeks.

Joe came in, a stern yet friendly look on his face.

“May I speak with you ? “

Jon nodded, keeping himself busy with he twins.

“Jon, I don’t know how you feel about this but I’ve been thinking. I don’t want to put Cheyenne through hell like the other night again. If I may, I would like to take charge of the mail from now on. Any more letters from Mark, I’ll confiscate.”

“I meant to speak to you about the same thing. Good thinking, just let me know if you receive any letters from him again. I don’t want Cheyenne to know if he sends her creepy shit like that again. The investigators cant find his trail and I don’t like that at all. I have this feeling he is very close.”

“He may be close, but he will never get the opportunity to do them any harm.”

No comments:

Post a Comment