Thursday, December 24, 2009

Chapter 309

“How are you, dr.?”

“I’m well and you mr. Bongiovi?”

‘Well, not so good if I’m calling. I have to ask you a favour.”

Stacey sat at the table following the conversation. She just hoped Cheyenne would forgive her and Jon for doing this.

She hadn’t gotten up this morning, complaining of not feeling too well. That was the end of Jon’s patience. He walked out of the room, asked Stacey if she would bring Cheyenne some breakfast so she can drink her meds.

Jon was busy on the phone with the gynea when she walked in.

He snapped his phone shut, looking at Stacey’s concerned face.

“She will be in good hands now, its time for me to take over. I started this mess and now I have to fix it. I love that woman too much to let something happen to her or the babies. She’s coming home where she is close to the doctor and where everyone can keep an eye on her.”

‘She’s gonna be sooooo pissed Jon.”

He jabbed her lightly on the jaw.

“What, Cheyenne? Oh, she just a pussy…don’t you worry. Everything is gonna be fine.”

Cheyenne had a terrible night, the pains ripped though her during the night and by the time she woke up her body was aching from the onslaught.

The tablets kicked in after her breakfast and she fell into a dreamless sleep.

Jon sat with her, watching her while she slept, her hand cradling her bump protectively. Her face scrunched up now and again, and the grip on her stomach tightened.

Jon got onto the bed next to her, placed his hand on her stomach, rubbing slowly to try and ease her pain. After a while her frown disappeared and her breathing slowed even more, her grip slacked.

Stacey stood in the door, coffee in her hands, the intimate sight stopped her in her tracks.

Jon was leaning towards Cheyenne, his hand rubbing her stomach, his face so gentle as he watched her expression in her sleep. Everytime a baby kicked he smiled, lifting his hand to witness the movement.

Stacey caught his eye and he looked up.

“You’re an angel, honey!”

He stood up and stretched his knotted back, smiled as he took the steamy mug from her.

A while later he sat down, rubbing her tummy, while Stacey kept him company.

Cheyenne woke up, no pain! His hand was still resting lovingly on her bump. She gave him a suspicious look, Stacey’s chuckle made her realise she was in the room as well.

“Why is everyone in my room? Did I snore or something? It could be possible I had a good nap.”

Stacey smiled and nodded towards Jon.

“You should thank him for it. He rubbed your tummy the whole time.”

Cheyenne’s face was aflame.

“You did? Uumm.. thanks.”

“It my pleasure honey. Glad I could be of some help. You scared the shit out of me last night!”

“It’s the worse I’ve had. I hope I would never experience that again.”

There was a knock on the door.

Stacey and Jon looked at each other.

They heard the door open and Richie’s booming voice drifted towards the room, he was obviously not alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment