Thursday, December 24, 2009

Chapter 318

The meal took too long and Cheyenne felt like she had ants in her panties, she wanted to grab his hand and rush him to the room, but knew a few minutes wouldn’t make a difference.

Violet was so excited about the beautiful room and she couldn’t wait to hear what Jon thought of it. Her face was flushed and her smile almost went around her head.

When they stood up, Jon didn’t miss the silent communication between the two women, he was intrigued but h didn’t comment on it.

Cheyenne loved the way Jon held her hips as they walked up the stairs. He stayed behind her, feeling and seeing the gently sway of those heavenly hips. His mind was in such a whirl that he didn’t realise they stopped in front of one of the bedrooms.

It was when Cheyenne opened the door that he realised where he was, the blinding smile on her lips made his head whip around the door, now very curious to see what was going on.

A jolt of electricity went through him as his eyes roamed across the room. The babies’ room! She had kept herself busy with the nursery, his body went lame as he realised what it meant…

His arms were hanging like dead weight, his stomach flipped and he felt like crying like he had never done before. Relief , love and pride bubbled through him like a spring fountain.

Thank God in heaven she is going to stay! She still wants me in her live..she still loves me!

He walked in without saying a word, touching the cribs, feeling the incredible soft bedding on it. The room was a soft green decorated in a teddy bear theme, bears painted on the walls, clouds, bears having a picnic in the woods….

There was a dark rocking chair close to the little cribs and he could see Cheyenne sitting there, breastfeeding the babies. Bears filled the room. This was baby heaven alright! Jon only realised he was hugging a bear to him when he heard Cheyenne calling his name. He was ashamed to turn around, she would see his tears streaming down his face. His nerves were scraped raw since Cheyenne left him and to see this was too much for his heavy burdened emotions.

“Jon?”

He turned around after he had put the plush bear back in its place.

She knew he would be surprised but to see him cry almost had her in tears as well. She inched closer, lifting her hands to touch his wet cheeks. His face turned towards her palm, planting a soft kiss with quivering lips. His tears had turned his eyes to a luminous aqua, she swallowed hard as the love shining from his eyes kept her hypnotized.

“Thank you baby.”

His arms came around her, crushing her to him, feeling her stomach objecting to been crushed like that. Her arms went around his neck, playing with the soft blond fuzz in his neck.

Cheyenne didn’t trust herself to say anything and she just kept silent, feeling his body shaking against hers.

Time stood still for the couple, holding on to each other not saying a word.

Jon pulled away, capturing her chin in his hand, lifting her face to stare into his.

“You have made me the happiest man, you know that? Does this mean you are giving us a try and that you have forgiven me for being a complete fucking ass to you? I am going to see the babies been born, we are going to raise them together. Oh God baby! How am I ever going to make up for lost time.?”

“Just love me, trust me and say you’ll never leave me.”

“Cheyenne I love you so much I can taste it. You are the blood running in my veins, without you I don’t want to go on. You are the reason I get up every morning, the reason I breathe. I love you, baby ,I trust you and I will never, never ever leave you. Please tell me you forgive me and you love me…I need to hear it.”

His voice was shaky and low, his eyes shining, his thumb tracing the outline of her lips.

“I forgive you and I love you more than words can ever say.”

A sound between a sigh and a groan made its way through Jon’s body. His muscles relaxed instantly, his heart beating to a new beat. He felt free and happy, something he hasn’t felt in quite a while.

“The room is gorgeous, honey. How did you manage to do all this?” Cheyenne had turned around to look at the room once again, Jon arms circled her from behind, his chin resting on her shoulder, staring at it too.

“I have the decorator and Violet to thank. They worked themselves into a stupor to make sure it would be ready when you come back.”

“Remind me to thank them. It looks wonderful! The babies will have sweet dreams everynight with cute bears like those, watching over them, not to mention their sexy mama they were so lucky to get.”

No comments:

Post a Comment