Thursday, December 24, 2009

Chapter 387

Cheyenne couldn’t understand where he was going with this. She was still in shock and wanted to beg him to listen to her, but he wouldn’t hear any of it.


“ I told myself everyday that I could live with the knowledge of you and Richie’s affair. I even tried to convince myself that I could forget it, but the truth is I couldn’t, everytime I saw you two smiling at each other, touching each other I wondered. Would the attraction flare up again? I was wrong. I listened to my jealousy and not my heart. I made everyone’s life miserable. Blaming everyone. I’m sorry Rich, my friend. I should have known you would never betray me.”

Richie almost popped a vessel in his head when blew out his breath. He’s been holding it so long he felt faint.

“Did you hear our conversation?”

Jon nodded.

“The best eavesdropping I’ve ever done in my life.”

The two men, hugged each other. Standing like that for a while.

“I’m sorry Richie. I was a total fucking idiot.”

“I’m just glad this has been resolved.”

Richie turned towards Cheyenne. Hugging her briefly, leaving a kiss on her hair.

“You got your wish, honey. He believes you now. He knows the truth.”

He stepped back looking from Cheyenne to Jon.

“I’m going downstairs to make an announcement. I know you have to talk things through, but don’t be long ,k? I will be waiting for you two.”

Richie walked out but they didn’t even notice.

Jon’s face said it all. His clear blue eyes were filled with regret and anger. Anger directed to himself for being such an ass to so many people he loved.

Cheyenne had a vulnerable little smile on her face, her eyes were shining from unshed tears.

“How am I ever going to right this wrong, baby? I put you and Richie through hell, accused you of an affair. Oh shit what did I do?”

Her hand cupped his cheek.

“Just tell me you love me and that you know I will never betray your love and trust.”

His arms crushed her to him. He was silent but she could feel tears running down his face into her hair.

“I love you baby. I love you so much it edges on madness, obsession. Call it what you want. I will never ever doubt your fidelity again. I trust you with my whole heart, my life. I’m yours to do with as you see fit. You are my wife and I will do everything in my power to keep you happy. That is my promise to you.”

“Oh Jon! I love you honey!”

As answer he took her mouth, his tongue slipping gently, pouring all his love into that one kiss.

“I guess we should go and find out what Richie has to say.”

No comments:

Post a Comment