Thursday, December 24, 2009

Chapter 385

Jon and Cheyenne found a house full of people. The house was buzzing, kids running around, adults sitting everywhere.

Cheyenne couldn’t wait to see the babies and went straight towards the nursery.
Thats where Stacey found her.

“Hey girl!”

“Hey Stace.”

“They were little angels. Carol apparently woke up only once. Chey there is something I want to tell you before Richie blabbers it to the world.”

Cheyenne lifted her gaze, now curious.

“I’m pregnant.”

Cheyenne’s head whipped around.

“Oh my God! Oh my GOD!!! Stace!! When, how.... ?”

Stacey laughed as Cheyenne hugged her, the astonished look on her face was priceless.

‘Where? I guess at my place. How? I would have thought a woman with twins should know how...”

Cheyenne laughed, her mind was spinning.

“Oh you wise ass. I wanted to as you how far you were!”

“Eight weeks”

“Oh I’m so glad for you and Richie! How did he react? I guess he was over the moon!”

“Well that is an understatement if I’ve ever heard one. He almost crushed me to death and then swung me around like a mad man! By the way he so much as ordered you and me to get the wedding going. He doesn’t want his son to be born illegitimately.”

“Son?”

“He is so sure its a boy. So lets just humor him till the sonar tells him otherwise, k?”

They hugged again. Stacey sat with her for a while, just sharing the joy they felt in companionable silence.

“I’m gonna check up on Carol. She is a real busy body. Poor Violet doesn’t know what to do with her in the kitchen. So I’m gonna do my good deed for the day and save the poor woman.”

Cheyenne was still smiling after she put the twins to bed.

“I take it you heard the news?”

Richie was leaning against the door frame. He looked years younger and by the looks of it, it seemed like his smile was glued on.

She squealed when she saw him standing there.

He stepped forward catching her as she ran into his arms.

“Oh Richie I cant tell you how I feel!”

Jon heard the squeal coming from the room and took a few larger steps to see what the matter was.

A sinking feeling slowed his steps as he saw Richie leaning against the door. His feet got a life of their own and as he poked his head around the corner, he heard her words and saw her in his arms, her face lit as she stared into his face.

The breakfast they shared this morning worked its way up as she stood on tiptoe to plant a kiss on his awaiting mouth.

No comments:

Post a Comment