Thursday, December 24, 2009

Chapter 322

He was surprised at her reaction.

‘Don’t like it baby?”

“Oh God I bawl my eyes out everytime I hear that song! I love it its beautiful but …..”

He smiled at her gently, stroking her cheek with his knuckles.

“Yeah, no crying tonight.”

The room went silent for a while and then Jon’s voice filled the room, Cheyenne felt her hair stood on end as his clear, strong voice filtered into her.

God he has a beautiful voice, even without music he could pull it off and still take her breath away.

Hello again, it's you and me
Kinda always like it used to be
Sippin' wine, killing time
Trying to solve life's mysteries

How's your life, it's been a while
God it's good to see you smile
I see you reaching for your keys
Looking for a reason not to leave

If you don't know if you should stay
If you don't say what's on your mind
Baby just breathe
There's nowhere else tonight we should be

You wanna make a memory?


He was stroking her tummy lovingly while he stared into her eyes, singing it to her, his voice was so emotional and the look on his face kept her mesmirized.

I dug up this old photograph
Look at all that hair we had.
It's bittersweet to hear you laugh
Your phone is ringing I don't wanna ask

If you go now, I'll understand
If you stay, hey, I've got a plan
We're gonna make a memory
You wanna steal a piece of time
You can sing the melody to me
And I can write a couple of lines

You wanna make a memory?

If you don't know if you should stay
And you don't say what's on your mind
Baby just breathe
There's nowhere else tonight we should be
We Should be

You wanna make a memory
You wanna steal a piece of time
You can sing the melody to me
And I can write a couple of lines

You wanna make a memory? (x2)


Cheyenne just sat there, letting his voice spill over her, dragging her into his hypnotizing blue eyes. She smiled softly as she felt the twins lively kicking turning into slow rolling and after a while….nothing.

Jon was astounded as he witnessed what Cheyenne had told him, they actually stopped moving. He kept his hand on her stomach, the wonder written all over his face.

“They do know my voice! They will know me when they are born! You kept me in their tiny lives even when I wasn’t close by…”

“They had to know who their father is, don’t they?”

“A child has the right to know who his father is, it’s his God given right. I came so close to losing all three of you. God I never want that over again. It was pure hell.”

He pulled her into his arms a little to harshly, pushing his face into her hair. Her one hand rubbed his back, soothing him like you would a child, her other hand raked through his golden mass.

“You’re not gonna lose us, we’ll be here everytime you have to go, you know we will be waiting.”

No comments:

Post a Comment