Thursday, December 24, 2009

Chapter 305

Tiredness washed over her as she closed the door behind her. A smell of food cooking made her stomach rumble, she didn’t eat much and know the smell teased her stomach acids. Stacey was busy in the kitchen when she walked in.

‘Where’s Jon? Did you two have a good talk?”

“Jon went back to the hotel. Yeah we did have a talk.”

Stacey stopped what she was doing.

“And?”

“I said I need time to think it through.”

“Chey you have to grab onto him with both hands, you love him and he loves you. The babies need a daddy and we both know what an excellent father he is. Let him love you honey, let him look after you. Just give him another chance.”

Cheyenne sighed.

“I’m going to get a bath. I hope the food wont be long, cause I didn’t eat much and now I’m as hungry as hell.”

“Take your time Chey, the food is far from done.” She had a sneaky smile on her face, but Cheyenne missed it.

Cheyenne did take her time and it was about an hour later when she walked into the sittingroom.

“Had a nice bath?”

“Wonderful, I could fall asleep right here on this couch.” She had a book in her hand. She stretched out on the couch, resting the book on her bump, getting ready for a nice long read. Cheyenne only managed two pages before she fell asleep, the book laying on her bump.

Cheyenne woke up from her cosy nap. She stretched out lazily, smiling as she realised Stacey must have covered her up.

A scent drifted into her nostrils and she froze in her mid stretch.

Jon’s cologne blended with his unmistakable scent , was she imaging it?

She was too scared to open her eyes. She swallowed nervously, opening her eyes painstakingly slow, only to stare into breathtaking blue jewels watching her.

She gasped when she read the message in them and pushed behind her, struggling to get up.

“How did you know I was here?” There was laughter mixed with sexiness in his voice.

“How did you get here? Where is Stacey? STACEYYYYYY!”

“She’s not here baby, she went out. You still haven’t answered my question.”

“I smelled your cologne.”

“Ahhhhh, your sense of smell is quite sensitive these days.” She still remembered his smell, that should count for something.

He came closer, holding out his hand, kneeling down to support her back as she sat up. She hated the shit faced grin on his face.

“Its not very polite to poke fun at me, you try and get up with this weighing you down.” She touched her stomach

“I’m not poking fun at you, you look so damn cute. You are all tummy baby and to tell the truth I kinda like you at my mercy.”

She snorted but her eyes twinkled.

“Did you cover me up?”

“I could see you were cold, but only after the twins displayed how rambunctious they could be.”

He patted on her tummy, a surprised look on his face as a baby jerked at his light tapping invading the cosy world he or she was drifting in.

She smiled and rubbed her stomach.

“They are quite sensitive to sudden noises, I guess your tapping sounded like a loud bang in their ears.”

“Oh, I’m sorry.” He trailed feather light kisses all over her stomach. Cheyenne stopped breathing, just staring at the golden head so close to her. For a moment she wanted to feel his hair tickling her palms.

His eyes were a darker shade of blue when he eventually lifted his head. Her heart was banging in her chest. She sucked in her breath, trying to steady her racing pulse.

“Did you see the babies moving while I was asleep or something?”

“Yeah, you could call it that… I actually watched how they worked the book off your bump.”

No comments:

Post a Comment