Thursday, December 24, 2009

CHapter 365

The knife rested at her navel and suddenly it sliced into her flesh. A scream filled the air as pain shot through her.

“If you wont fight me, I’ll just have to make you scream then.”

The knife was pulled from the wound, letting the blood run freely from the cut.

Excitement shone in his eyes when he saw pain flashing in her face.
Through the haze of pain she realised Mark had undone his pants, ripped her panties from her and opened her legs for his onslaught.

“I will not do that if I was you.”

Mark’s gasp whipped through the air, his body stiffened as the voice behind him caught him off guard.

Joe stood a few feet away, his gun firmly pointed at Mark.

Mark sat frozen for a moment, lifting his hands into the air, letting the knife fall noisily to the floor.

A calculating look in his eyes turned her blood to ice. Mark stood up slowly, his gaze never leaving Cheyenne’s, a horrible sneer on his lips.

She saw it too late.

“JOE!”

Everything happened in slow motion. Mark pulled out the gun, the shot rang in the air. Joe’s gun went off but it was Mark’s bullet that hit it’s mark. Joe fell back into a heap.

All she could remember was Joe falling, the knife next to her and the feeling as the knife met muscle and the groan that followed.

Mark clutched at his leg, the handle of the knife the only thing visible from his leg. Blood gushed from it and Cheyenne jumped up.

She reached the kitchen and felt something slippery underneath her feet. She lost her balance and fell to the floor. Nick was lying in a pool of blood, his eyes staring lifelessly at the ceiling.

“Oh my God! Nick! Oh my God. NO!”

His throat was slid from ear to ear, the horrible gaping wound the obvious cause of his horrific demise.

Pain sliced through her and she gripped her side, blood was gushing from the wound and the bloodloss started to take its toll.

I have to get out of here! I have to get someone’s attention!

A shadow fell over her and she lifted her eyes, only to meet cold, crazed eyes.

Mark stood over her, one hand clutching his leg , the other had the gun pointed straight at her face.

The click of the gun sounded like a loud clap in her ears.

“I should have finished you off when I walked into this fucking house. This time I wont make that mistake again. I want you to die with this knowledge. I will take that fucking brats and slice their throats and watch them die slowly.”

Cheyenne closed her eyes and started to pray. If she has to die for this to stop so be it.

But please God spare my babies.

A shot rang through the air.

No comments:

Post a Comment