Thursday, December 24, 2009

Chapter 311

Jon accompanied the doctor to the front door. He wasn’t ready to deal with a pissed of pregnant woman just yet.

He stuck his head into the kitchen.

“Shit has just hit the fan. The doctor let it slip. So please pray for me and hope I’ll live long enough to see the twins been born.”

Jon didn’t miss the snickers coming from the kitchen. When he came to the bedroom he found Cheyenne pacing the floor, fury seeped from her. She came to a standstill when she saw Jon standing in the doorway.

“Explain yourself Jon.”

“I did it for your own good. Remembered how you suffered last night? I couldn’t handle it any more, you ripped my fucking guts out! What did you expect me to do?”

“To stay in Jersey. If you didn’t come here it wouldn’t have gotten worse.” Her voice was calm and her eyes cold.

It felt like a slap in the face. Jon’s head jerked up, he couldn’t believe his ears.

“You blame me for this? You had the pains before I even arrived! Well, everything has been arranged, after the doctor give us the go ahead, we fly to Jersey. That’s why I brought him here, to make sure you are ok during the flight.”

“Mr. I-can-do-anything-I-want. Don’t think for one minute I’m impressed. This is only your way to force me back. Everything always has to be your way, doesn’t it Jon?”

She looked tired and pale to him.

“I’m doing this because I’m worried about you, don’t you see baby? It has nothing to do with what I want. I’ll give you all the time you need to decide what you want out of life. Just come back with me and let me look after you until such time you have decided. I won’t pressure you into anything, even if you tell me you wont go with me to Jersey, I’ll except it, I’ll call off the doctor and send him back. That’s your choice, but just think of the twins for God sake.”

Jon knew he struck a chord. Cheyenne started rubbing her side and Jon rushed towards her.

“Lay down baby. Stop upsetting yourself.”

The pain stopped before it even started and she breathed a sigh of relieve.

“Ok, Jon. You win. I’ll go with you but just know, this doesn’t mean we are back together again. Understand? I need time and you are going to give it to me. That is the deal, take it or leave it. ”

Cheyenne’s eyes burned into him, waiting for an answer.

“Deal.”

Richie and Stacey came in. Staring at the couple before them.

“I brought you some juice, or would you like some coffee?”

Cheyenne accepted the cold glass of juice. Jon shook his head.

“Do you have something stronger, coffee or juice is just not gonna do it for me, right now.”

Richie smiled at Jon.

“Just name it bro’, I’ve got it, unless these two had some wild parties without my knowledge.” He winked at the two women.

No comments:

Post a Comment