Thursday, December 24, 2009

Chapter 386

He felt lightheaded and grabbed the doorframe.

This cannot be true! FUCK! I’m dreaming. I must be.

Richie’s height kept Jon from her view. They stood hugging each other for a little while longer.

“Aren’t you supposed to be on honeymoon?”

“I am on honeymoon. We are leaving tomorrow. Trying to get rid of me?”

“Never sweetheart! I love you too damn much!”

Jon didn’t know if he should crash their cosy little conversation and call them out for the bastards they were. Something held him back.

How the fuck could they do this? Why in the hell did she marry him if she wanted Richie?

The next question stopped his thoughts in their tracks.

“Are you happy with Jon darlin’?”

“Rich words cannot explain how I feel about him.”

Her voice was quivering as she spoke.

“I love him so much it hurts. He is my soulmate the love of my life. I don’t need anything but him. Only one thing is amiss...” her voice drifted off.

So is she telling him its over? He didn’t understand the direction of their conversation.

“What honey?”

“I just wish he would believe in my fidelity. I know he still thinks we slept together, and you know what? Its hurts like hell. The only reason why he believes the twins are his, is Mikayla’s resemblance to Steph. I wish there is a way I could tell him. There had never been anyone but him. I love him I will never betray him.”

Richie took her in his arms again, holding her, stroking her hair like he would a child. She hung onto him, letting him sooth her, trying to hold the tears in her eyes back. She didn’t need a million questions when she went downstairs.

He lifted her face upwards, placing a gentle kiss on her forehead. A movement by the door drew his attention and he suddenly felt physically sick.

Cheyenne felt Richie’s body stiffened and that’s when she saw Jon in the door. His eyes were huge and he was clutching his stomach.

Cheyene jerked from Richie, a guilty flush creeping into her cheeks.

“Oh fuck. Jon wait let me explain. SHIT!! How do I do this...”

Cheyenne felt her legs turned to rubber when she saw the look on his face.

“Jon, honey let me explain...”

“No need to explain. I can make my own conclusions.”

“But you’re wrong. Please just listen.”

Jon stepped forward, color was returning to his cheeks but he still seemed upset.

“I came to the conclusion that I am a total fucking idiot who almost messed up a 20 year relationship and almost lost you and my kids. How could I be so blind?”

No comments:

Post a Comment