Thursday, December 24, 2009

Chapter 316

Jon was looking forward to seeing Cheyenne that night. He missed seeing her and she would seem even bigger if he gets home. He just knew it.

He flipped his phone open.

“Jon speaking.”

“Hello, son.”

“Hey, ma!” A smile played on his lips.

“How are you ? I have spoken to Cheyenne yesterday and she seem to be in a good state of mind, looking forward to your homecoming today.”

His stomach flipped at his mother’s words.

“She said that?” His grip tightened on his phone, waiting for his mothers answer.

“Of cause she did. She is lonely and the babies’ birth is coming closer. She would like to know you were close enough when she goes into labour. I was hoping you two would get married before the babies were born, but I can understand that you postpone it due to problems with the pregnancy.”

Jon was upset when Cheyenne called him to inform him that she put the wedding on ice, it only meant that she wasn’t close to making her decision yet, but now that his mother put it that way it actually made sense.

“Yeah, well we aint going no where old lady. The wedding will take place when the babies are born and everything is back to normal, or as normal as it can be with two babies!” He chuckled, he could see them already, keeping everyone running and cooing at them 24/7.

“I’m just glad you two have sorted out your problems…”

Jon hesitated for a moment and his mother let it fly.

“Oh for God’s sake. You two haven’t sorted out the mess yet!? When is that gonna happen, when the twins turn 16!?”

“Mom, mom! Calm down, I know what I want, its Cheyenne that still needs to clear her mind. I cannot force her, I hurt her bad, mom, she needs the time and I’m gonna give it to her. I love her too much to lose her.”

“Well did you tell her you love her? Did you tell her you believe her when she told you she never slept with Richie?”

“Of cause I told her I loved her!”

“Yeah…and?”

“How do I know she didn’t sleep with him? How do I even know those babies are mine?”

“You have to believe her Jon. Take her word for it….you are going to lose her my boy. You need to learn how to trust again. How can you take some journalist’s word above hers? Listen to yourself Jon, you are so blind and your jealousy is going to cost you your happiness.”

“I’m willing to live with the idea that it happened but its over now.”

“No baby! You have to BELIEVE her not forgive her for something she hadn’t done! What do you think stopped her to stay with you, if she had the so called affair with Richie? Why didn’t she and Richie started a relationship after the affair?”

“Nothing, nothing stopped her. I think they had a casual affair and decided to end it when he realised he loved Stacey. Mom no matter what happened before, I love her, I want her as my wife, my life mate.”

His mother sighed.

“Well honey think about it, if you don’t believe her this is not gonna work, not at all. And I know she could make you happy, just give her a try! I have to go. I love you son. And you better let me know if she goes into labour!”

“I will, love you to mom. Send dad my love…. and thanks.”

“You know I’m always a phone call away!”

“Yeah, I know!”

No comments:

Post a Comment