Thursday, December 24, 2009

Chapter 323

Cheyenne woke up to find herself alone in bed. A knock woke her up and she stretched her slightly aching body.

Violet breezed in with a huge smile on her rounded face.

“Jon loved it! He was in such a cheerful mood when he came down!”

“He was surprised to see we weren’t just lazing about. He sure loves the room! Where is he by the way?”

“He left about an hour ago, said he should be back by the time you wake up.”

Cheyenne ate her breakfast in silence, thinking about the previous night when she heard a sound at the door.

What the hell?

Just as she swung her legs from the bed, the door opened slightly and in came a small Labrador pup. The huge pink bow flopped down and tripped the little thing, making it stumble as it ran towards the smell of the bacon.

“OOOOOOh my God!”

The little pup reached her feet and she scooped it up. Ooohing and aaaahing laughing as the friendly little pup tried to lick her in the face.

“You are such cutie, but no licking in the face there, girl!” She smelled the fresh puppy breath, pushing her cheek into the soft, clean fur.

“You tell her baby, we cant have her licking the babies in the face now can we?”

He was leaning against the doorframe, his face had a mischievous look, turning his eyes into a shocking blue.

“She is beautiful. She looks just like Shelby when I got her as a pup.”

His face mocked her as he quipped.

“And she is no mutt either, pedigreed, registered the lot! “

The pup had located the bacon and Cheyenne smiled, feeding her the bacon while she greedily chewed with her baby teeth.

She put the pup down with her newly found treasure, stood up and walked towards Jon.

“You never cease to surprise me.”

He wrapped his arms around her smiling down at her shining dark pools.

“I saw the day you gave Shelby to Jakie, you heart broke. But you were so unselfish and I made a phone call to a local breeder and well there she is. The breeder called me last night to tell me the puppies were ready if I was still interested.”

“Oh so that’s why you walked away…..sneaky man! Thank you…she is beautiful!”

Her soft lips pressed against his, giving his heart and excited thump. He lifted his golden head, staring at her smiling face.

“The twins needs a companion and I need a bodyguard for my woman when I’m not here, so this is a win, win situation.”

The puppy was laying comfortably, snoring away on Cheyenne’s robe. The pink bow tucked under her small furry body.

“ Sorry to disappoint you there, but you have chosen the wrong breed. Labradors are not vicious dogs. I wouldn’t want any other breed though, I think I’m going to call her Chiquita.”

“Hmmm I think I like it. She just has to do then, no vicious dogs near my kids.”

His kids? He is speaking about the twins as if he believes they are his…maybe he is coming around..maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment