Thursday, December 24, 2009

Chapter 302

“Do you want to go to my hotel, or somewhere more public.”

“Somewhere public, please.” Her voice was so tiny and unsure and he knew he was to blame for it. She couldn’t even look him in the eyes long enough to make a connection with her. Her knuckles were white as she clamped them together and jumped as Jon placed his hands on hers.

“Baby, relax. I just want to talk to you. Nothing bad is gonna happen. I hate seeing you like this.”

Her hands eased up a bit as his warmth soaked into them. She still refused to look at him and stared at the bypassing scene.

He opened the door for her, holding her hand as she struggled to get out of the car. She was heavy and her small frame took a beating with two growing babies inside her.

He had noticed how full her breasts had become as the breeze blew her dress close to her body on the beach. She looked so beautiful and content at that moment, her hands stroking her bump.

Tenderness flooded through him as he caught the vulnerable look in her doe eyes as she thanked him for helping her out of the car. She seemed so terribly young and vulnerable to him, making him feel even more like an idiot for making her life hell.

The waiters were used to celebrities and just smiled friendly as they led them to a private room. Their eyes were glued to her huge tummy. People always gentled when they saw a pregnant woman and by the huge look of Cheyenne’s bump they could see that it had to be more than one baby. That tucked even more at people’s hearts.

The chairs were generously big and soft and Cheyenne leaned into them, gratefully.

“Are you feeling ok, baby? If you feel at any time you want to go, just tell me. We will go immediately, k?”

”Thank you. But I am fine.”

Jon ordered a bottle of wine and Cheyenne decided on a fruit juice.

Cheyenne’s nerves were shattered, she wasn’t sure what to expect from Jon. Any more threats or accusations from him and she was sure she would collapse. She was afraid a day like today would eventually come up and now that it has, she wasn’t sure how to handle it.

Jon was playing with the stem of his wine glass, his gaze drinking in her beauty.

“My mom sends her love as well as Violet.”

‘Thank you. I miss them too.”

He noticed that the glass in her hands was shaking slightly.

His hand closed over hers.

“Cheyenne look at me, you can’t stare at your hands forever, calm down, baby. I’m not here to hurt you.”

“How do I know that for sure Jon? You told me you were going to hunt me down and take my babies from me. How in the hell do you expect I will react?”

“I’m here to talk this through. I need to beg your forgiveness and if I have to do that on my knees right here, I will. Will you just hear me out? Please honey I need you to listen to what I have to say.”

She lifted her dark eyes and stared into his electric blue ones.

‘I’m listening.”

Fuck she doesn’t make it easy, does she? He blew out his breath, trying to get his words in order.

“I want to apologise for threatening you, that was a desperate man’s way to get you back, and it only blew up in my face. I was upset when I found you left me, that I cannot deny, but I deserved what came my way. Now I can sit back and look at this whole situation, I forced you to marry me, I forced you to stay with me after you saw the pictures of a woman in the tabloids that even looked suspicious to me and I know what happened there. I didn’t trust you but I expected you to trust me. I’m so fucked up baby, its not even funny.”

She listened to him, her face expressionless.

“I need you back in my life. I will never take the babies from you, it was just a stupid stunt to keep you with me. I know what they mean to you and I love you too much to put you through this. I want us to start a clean slate. What happened in the past stay in the past. There will be no regrets or accusations. We are going to get married and raise our children, if you’ll still have me.”

His eyes were desperate, his hand feeling clammy as he stroked hers.

No comments:

Post a Comment