Thursday, December 24, 2009

Chapter 349

Giftwrapping was strewn all over the place, every child had a huge smile plastered on their faces. Dot winked at Cheyenne. It all worked out perfectly.

Stephanie was listening to her new Chemical romance cd. Jesse had dragged Jon outside to try out his new football. Jessie was entranced with his new Spiderman figure and Jakie was “flying” his new airplane.

Later that day the kids were cooing to the new twins, Steph was holding little Connor and Dot had Mikayla in her arms.

“Look mommy she is holding my hand!” Romeo’s excited voice ringed in the air.

Jesse and Jake were playing with little Connor, telling him how they were gonna teach him to play football and Jakie told him they would take the dogs for looooong walks.

Cheyenne was settled between Jon’s thighs, enjoying the closeness of the moment as his older kids bond with the babies. The twins had mastered their smiling and their little smiles assured them some serious attention.

“This is the good life.” She felt his breath in her ear, his words only meant for her to hear.

She nodded and felt his arms hugging her closer.

“Getting a bit broody there Dot?” Jon chuckled when her head snatched up, a blush spreading over her cheeks.

“I think I had my share of kids. They are so damn cute and all, but I’m just glad it isn’t me that need to do pajama drill during the night!”

“Come on Dot, I know you..I saw that look on your face..that is a broody look…”

“Jon…stop it!”

“I think I need to have a little chat with your better half.”

Romeo stared quite intently at his mother.

“Could you make sure it’s a little sister? I have too many brothers now.”

The room filled with laughter.

“I’m too old to have babies sweetie. You are my baby.”

“I’m not a baby! I’m a big boy now and I want a sister!” he pouted and Dot gave Jon an exasperated look.

See what you did!

He chuckled and blew her a kiss.

No comments:

Post a Comment