Thursday, December 24, 2009

Chapter 303

“I cannot give you an answer right away, Jon. I need to think about this and clear my head. You have put me through hell these last couple of months, making me feel like a conniving bitch, sleeping around behind your back. Threatening me, calling me names. Give me a few days to think about this.”

Fear flashed in his eyes. Losing her was still a reality, she was standoffish and she didn’t even smile once. She wasn’t the same Cheyenne he met in Las Vegas, he had turned her into a suspicious, scared woman.

“I’ll give you all the time you need. I still have a few days before I have to be back.”

“There is no need for you to stay, here.”

Jon shook his head.

“No, baby. I’m sorry that is not gonna fly. I go back to Jersey and you run again? No fucking way. We sort this out here in Malibu and we leave all the shit right here, I’m not taking it back to Jersey. If we get on that plane we start a new life. If you decide not to go further with this relationship, I want to hear it from your lips, I want to look you in the eyes when you tell me that. I hope to God I don’t have to live through that, but if that is what you decide I will back off. We will make arrangements for visiting rights and I will be out of your life if you want me to be.”

Jon’s shoulders were slumping and his eyes were shining from unshed tears. His words were unsteady and low. He took a huge gulp from his wine.

Their food was half eaten, but Cheyenne didn’t feel like eating anyway. Her mouth had lost all it’s taste.

He would actually let her go? Could that be true?

The waiter took their plates away. She was ready to go, she needed some rest and time alone to think this through.

“Cheyenne be honest with me. What is going on with you? The pains you get aren’t normal.”

“Nothing I cannot handle.”

Fire exploded in his eyes and his voice sounded louder than a few moments before.

“ I heard Stacey’s remark when you walked in. You have this regularly, why don’t you go back so the gynea can examine you. You cannot play with the babies’ lives…”

Her eyes flashed at him.

‘Don’t you tell me I’m playing with their lives. Everything I do, I do for them. They are my life now.”

‘If you think about them, then come back with me to Jersey. I will look after you and the babies. I’ll be a good father to them, I’ll be good to you.”

‘Jon, please stop pushing. I told you I need time…”

He kissed the back of her hand, his gaze locking with hers.

“And time is what you’ll get.”

No comments:

Post a Comment