Thursday, December 24, 2009

Chapter 291

Cheyenne’s phone rang and she gasped, looking at it as if it’s a snake.

“I’m not answering it Richie. I cant speak to him.”

“Honey talk to him, hear what he has to say. Maybe you two can work this out.”

Cheyenne started at the phone in horror. The ringing stopped, but a few seconds later it started again.

“Sweetie he is not going to give up. Just let him know you are ok.”

She picked the phone up, her voice was shaky and low.

“Cheyenne speaking.”

“Oh thank God you are ok. Where in God’s name are you?”

“Jon, I want to be alone. I don’t want you to find me.”

“I haven’t slept, Violet is in a state, why are you doing this?”

“Why? Jon you don’t want to talk about our problems, calling me names. I’m tired Jon, I’m tired of fighting for something I realised I’ll never get.”

Jon was silent for a moment but when he spoke his voice send shivers down her spine.

“Do you remember what I said what will happen if you do something like this?”

“That’s why you will never find me, Jon.”

“Don’t hold your breath honey. You underestimate me, I will find you and you better pray I don’t find you with another man….You wanted to do this the hard way, we do it the hard way then. But just know this you are the one getting hurt this time, not me.”

The phone clicked in her ear. She stared at the phone wordlessly, taking in what Jon had said.

“Did he hang up?”

She nodded, her voice was gone and her heart hammered in her chest. He is going to find her and take her babies. Oh God what is she going to do?

“What did he say, Chey?”

“That he was going to hunt me down and that I’m going to be the one who is going to get hurt, not him. He is going to take my kids, Richie!”

“ Jon is just trying to scare you. He will never do that, I know Jon he is not that cruel.”

Cheyenne shivered. “You haven’t heard his voice on the phone. He is serious and I have this feeling I’m gonna pay the price for running away. Are you sure he wont find me here?”

“I’m sure honey. I’m flying tonight to meet up with the band, hopefully he will not suspect me anything if I turn up.”

Richie showed her around and introduced her to the Mexican woman who came in occasionally to clean. They spend the day walking on the beach, just chatting and Richie making sure she’ll be ok without him. He even had a list of gyneas in case she needed one.

She was so sad and lonely when he got ready to go.

“You’ll be ok, sweetie. I’ll call you everyday. Just relax enjoy the yourself. Get enough rest, eat healthy and take care of these two. His hand rested on her bump.

“I will and Richie thank you so much for everything. I don’t know how I can ever repay you.”

“No need. The day the babies are born healthy, that will be enough for me.”

She hugged him, reluctant to let him go.

No comments:

Post a Comment