Thursday, December 24, 2009

Chapter 327

She was making her way to the bedroom slowly, holding onto her side when Jon came up behind her.

“Oh God not again! You ok baby? I hate seeing you suffer like this.”

“I’m gonna be ok. I just need to lay down for a while.”

Thankfully Cheyenne fell asleep almost immediately. She woke up and realised it was dark out. She was alone in the room but noticed someone must have started the fire while she was sleeping.

“HEY! My favourite lady is awake!”

A bright smile crept over her face.

“Richie! When did you get back?” He kissed her and gathered her into his arms.

“A few hours ago. What do I hear about you playing superwoman when you are pregnant with twins?”

Cheyenne’s face turned serious.

“Oh God Rich. I have never had such a fright in my whole life! I will never forget his little face for as long as I live! Thank the Lord he is ok!”

He was stroking her hands, soothing her as he saw her reliving the horror of that afternoon.

“Well as far as I heard the little chap is just fine. But how bout you, sweetheart?”

“I’m ok.”

Richie stared into her eyes, she was lying to him, he opened his mouth to tell her just that when Jon came walking in with a tray in his hands followed by Violet.

“See Violet, I told you he would be here. He wouldn’t be able to stay away from the pregnant lady.” He gave Cheyenne a heart stopping smile and flicking his eyebrow at Richie playfully.

“Bro’ you know me so well. Is that for me?”

“No lazy ass, this one is for Cheyenne. Violet has yours.”

“This wasn’t necessary! Thanx honey.”

“You had enough excitement for today, baby. I just want you to rest and take it slow.”

Violet came back with Jon’s tray.

“Thanx, hun.”

Between the banter and the laughing they managed to finish their dinner. Richie was being his crazy self again and had both Jon and Cheyenne in stitches. It felt good having him back again, she missed his company and his craziness.

Stacey had send some presents for the babies and she ripped through the packages oohing and aahing louder as she opened the packages.

Jon handed her, her pills. She drank it and laid back onto the pillows.

“Richie challenged me to a game of pool. Now you are welcome to join us but I think you should stay here, watch something and take it easy.”

She flashed him a gorgeous smile.

“You spoke my mind, I’ll just stay here and take it easy.”

He leaned down kissing her softly on the lips.

“See ya later hun!” Richie waved at her as he walked out.

She settled in and switched on the tv. Violet came in to say her goodnight, bringing with her a cup of coffee and some fudge.

“After these babies are born, I’ll have to go on a strict diet. You are making me fat!”

“You fat?! Never in your life honey. I’m going now unless you need something?”

“No , I’m good! Fudge and coffee is all I need! Thanx Violet, you have a good night now!”

No comments:

Post a Comment