Thursday, December 24, 2009

Chapter 294

Jon’s face popped up in unexpected places. Magazines, tv and radio.

He haunted her dreams, the cd burned into her mind forever.

Jon never tried to call her again and for some reason she felt sad that he had given up so quickly.

The band had tv appearances and she found herself frozen to the spot, not able to take her eyes off his gorgeous face.

Later that night Jon called Stacey’s phone.

He was drunk and he was slurring.

“Pleash Shtacey tell mee wheresh Cheyenne.”

“Jon you are drunk, you need to go to bed. And no I’m not telling you where she is.”

“Arr you weth her? Let me shpeak to her pleash? I..I need to shpeak to her…”

Stacey flicked a questioningly eyebrow at Cheyenne. Cheyenne held her hand out, noticing the slight shaking.

”Hello Jon”

“Hello baby. Pleash come back to me? I mish you, I want you back..pleash for God shake…don’t you love me enymore?”

“Jon you need to get some sleep. Why don’t you call me tomo…”

“Fuck tomorrow! I wanna shpeak to you now! I’m gonna find you….and I’m gonna bring you bjack. I love you….k?”

“Ok Jon. Goodnight.”

“Nooooo! Wjait a minute, hows the babiesj? I hjeard we are havinggg a boy and a girl? They’re goooing to be ash beautiful ash you…I jhsut know it.”

“They are fine. Now I have to go now, k?” Tears were streaming down her face.

Jon refused to put the phone down so she handed it to Stacey. Stacey kept on speaking to him , she felt sorry for the man and he needed someone to talk to.

“Shtacey….please tjell me where you are, I fcukin missh that woman. I wjant herrr back…pleeease honey… hjelp a drunk idiot fjor onceee.”

“Jon Cheyenne isn’t ready to see you yet. We don’t want her to get upset, maybe in time you two could get together and talk this through, now is not the time.”

Jon’s pathetic begging and eventually crying upset Stacey and for a moment she felt like telling him. He might be drunk as hell, but the liquor only loosened his tongue and truth was spilling from him like rain from a thundercloud. He really and truly loved her, that’s for sure. If he could only show his feelings to her when he was sober, they could resolve this huge misunderstanding.

She calmed him down enough after a while and only after she promised to speak to Cheyenne to take him back did he agreed to end the conversation.

Stacey turned to her friend.

“Chey, I know he is drunk as hell. But that was a broken man on that phone. He might seem macho and cruel but underneath he is a softy. He is really suffering and I think if you two can just sit and talk this through you two can make this work. For fuck’s sake Chey you love this man to death and let me tell you he loves you right back! You are going to have his babies! I can understand that you need to get your head together, but you better do it quickly otherwise I might feel the need to let him know where you are.”

Cheyenne gasped, she couldn’t believe her ears. Stacey was actually siding with Jon!

“Don’t give me that look! You know I love you and I will never do anything to jeopardise your happiness. Jon is your happiness and your life…. Life is short , so you better get a grip soon, or I’ll do it for ya!”

Emotions rushed through her and after Stacey’s wake up call did she realise, she was right. She had to give this a last go, just not now.

No comments:

Post a Comment