Thursday, December 24, 2009

Chapter 373

Richie accompanied her outside, helping her with the huge white dress. Cheyenne’s photo session had started very early this morning and she knew it was far from over.

Carol and Stacey came out a while later. Stacey seemed a bit more herself and her makeup was flawless.

“Thank you. What would I have done without you?”

Carol squeezed her hand.

“Argh, that was nothing. It’s time to get you married to my boy. Are you ready to become Mrs. John Francis Bongiovi?”

Cheyenne could only nod. Her stomach muscles were in a tight knot and her throat suddenly seemed very dry.

Richie saluted the ladies and walked towards the aisle. Jon was standing at the altar. His shocking blue eyes reflected his emotional state. Richie had known him a lifetime. He could read him like a book. The nervous wringing of his hands was another sign. Yep, his boy was scared shitless.

He faked a worried look on his face and saw Jon shifting from one foot to another.

“What’s wrong Richie?”

“Uum bro. Dunno how to tell you this, but we cant find Cheyenne anywhere.”

Jon paled.

Richie snickered, slapping his arm playfully.

“Just fuckin’ with ya. She looks so fucking beautiful I asked her to marry me if she wasn’t too sure about you but I got the cold shoulder. You are doing something right there my brother and you better keep it up otherwise you’ll have to deal with me.”

If all eyes weren’t on them at that moment he would have knocked Richie’s lights out just there and then.

“Fuck Richie! You think it’s funny?” a relieved smile crept onto his lips.

“So you wanna tell me you hit on my woman and she pissed on your shoes. Good! As for doing something right? I’m just the luckiest bastard walking this earth my brother, but you can bet your ass I’ll look after her and if I don’t I give you permission to kick my ass from here to Cairo and back.”

“That’s a deal. Lets get you hitched...again.” rolling his eyes dramatically before they embraced.

The wedding march filled the air. Jon took a huge breath and turned towards the aisle. This was it. He was getting married a second time and by God this one is gonna last till the end. That was the last thought he had before he saw Cheyenne standing there.

Richie heard Jon’s sharp intake of breath. He couldn’t help but stare himself. Cheyenne was a beautiful woman but today she was simply overwhelmingly breathtaking.

The huge dress made it seem like she was floating and every breath was stolen as she moved down the aisle.

Cheyenne kept her eyes on Jon. He was a feast to look at. The tux fitted him perfectly, his hair moving slightly in the breeze. His eyes were such a clear blue she was sure she could see the color from where she was. A heartstopping smile played over his lips, making Cheyenne the envy of every woman.

Jon felt a jolt the moment his eyes fell on her. Holy God! Could one woman be so beautiful and this beautiful woman be his?

The moment her warm hand rested on his arm his smile almost went around his head.

“Hey baby, you ready to say I do?”

“Never been more ready in my life.”

No comments:

Post a Comment