Thursday, December 24, 2009

Chapter 315

Jon didn’t talk about their relationship or their future once. He treated her kindly and kept her company. He didn’t try to make love to her again, only touching her stomach, kissing her conservatively and walk hand in hand with her when they went for a daily walk to the river. She still had pains daily but the medication helped her to cope much better and he doctor was happy with the babies’ growth. Some evenings he would lay next to her talking about the babies, rubbing the soreness away.

Time was running out and he knew he had to travel again soon. His heart sank, as Cheyenne didn’t mention what would happen to their relationship, but he refused to
ask. She would tell him in all good time.

The day he left he actually saw unshed tears in her eyes and his heart jumped for joy. She had to feel something for him if his leaving upset her!

Cheyenne decided to lay down for a while after he left and when she walked into her bedroom she saw a small box on the bed. He hands were shaking as she opened it up. Her breath caught in her throat and she let the tears fall freely, letting all her heartache escape from its gilded cage. In her hand was the necklace Richie bought her, restored to its original beauty and her engagement ring nestled in the satin folds of the box.

Baby,

I repaired it for you. I now understand how much sentiment is attached to it and why Richie gave it to you. He bought it the day you found out you were carrying twins. I can never change the way I treated you that night and for that I’ll always hate myself. Please accept my apology for breaking something so precious to you. I now see the symbolism of the pendant, two dolphins for two precious babies.

The ring is a token of my love, it will always be yours, whatever you decide.

I’ll always love you.
Jon

She put the necklace back on her neck., feeling the coldness of the pendant change to her body temperature. She toyed with the ring for a while, not sure what to do with it.

Should I or shouldn’t I? I love him. I cant live without him, I don’t want to live without him and I want his babies to know what a wonderful man their father is.

She slipped the ring onto her finger but it got stuck halfway. Damn! The swelling was getting worse by the day.

She unclipped her necklace, slipped the ring onto the fine links and clipped it back. At least it would be with me all the time.

He called her everynight, making sure she and the babies were fine. He smiled to himself when she thanked him for the necklace not mentioning the ring. She sounded more like her own self everytime he spoke to her. She laughed again and that did his heart good. Her morale was high and the doctor was happy with her and the babies’ health.

She actually went as far as admitting she missed him rubbing her tummy at night, he was so damn ready to get on a plane just there and then.

He dreamed about her at night. See her smiling face as she told him she loved him and wanted to stay with him forever then there were nightmare haunting him some nights. Cheyenne running away and he cannot find her. He would wake up in cold sweat with her name on his lips.

No comments:

Post a Comment