Thursday, December 24, 2009

Chapter 350

Cheyenne felt empty as she watched the car drove away. The days would be busy, but the nights were going to be so lonely and her bed empty.

She could tell Jon didn’t want to go either but life called and unfortunately he had to abide by it.

She sighed and turned around, getting ready to call the wedding planner, the dressmaker and everyone involved so she could get the ball going.

Jon was impatient to get married, so she would like to give him the good news as soon as he comes home.

The calls took half of her day but at least everyone was still available and ready to get the wedding on the go again.

Everyone was set to come and see her the next day and if everything goes well she should be Mrs. Bongiovi in a few weeks.


The next day was filled with arrangements, decisions and by the end of the day Cheyenne had a pounding headache.

She had decided to change her dress, seeing now that she almost had her body back. She would like to see his face when she walked down the isle.

Carol was in seventh heaven, ready to jump on the nearest plane and head over to help with the arrangements but Cheyenne assured her that she had everything under control and if she needed anything she would be the first one to call.

Cheyenne was busy bathing the babies when her phone rang.

She decided to let it go on voicemail, but the person calling didn’t give up and after drying the baby , she grabbed the phone and clenched it between her ear and her shoulder, grimacing at the uncomfortable angle she held her neck.

“Cheyenne speaking.”

‘Fuck baby, never do that to me again! I called the cell phone, I call the house phone, no one answered!” relieve and anger spilled from Jon.

“I’m sorry. I am busy bathing the babies. I didn’t hear the house phone, but I let the phone rang, because I was still splashing in the water with Mikayla. What’s wrong?” She was taken aback at Jon’s near hysterical voice.

He blew out his breath and Cheyenne knew something was seriously wrong.

“I don’t know how to tell you this, but Mark was released from jail a few days ago.”

Cheyenne’s legs gave way and she plopped down on the rocking chair.

“How’s that possible?”

“Good fucking behaviour! Can you believe it?! Good behaviour! He raped you, almost fucking killed you and they release him for good behaviour! Baby I’m worried that he might try to hurt you and the babies that’s why I freaked when you didn’t pick up the damn phone. I’m sorry if I came across a bit harsh.”

Cheyenne felt fear choking her and she had to swallow to try and get rid of the lump in the throat.

“I don’t think he will go that far. Do you?”

“Well his cell room was filled with pictures of you. He is not over you, not by a long shot. I think the bastard is obsessed with you and may have this fucking screwed idea to finish what he started. I might just be paranoid, but I’m going out of my mind here. Joe is on his way back and I don’t want you to go anywhere without him. You hear me? Even if you take a walk on the grounds.”

Cheyenne’s insides felt like jelly, the more Jon spoke to her the scarier she got. Maybe he was right. What if he comes after her and the babies? Oh God!

“Are you ok baby?”

“I….I’m fine.”

“I’m so fucking sorry to do this to you, but I felt you needed to know. I have an interview in a few minutes, I have to go and honey be safe and I love you.”

“I love you too.” Cheyenne let her hand slid to her lap, staring at the phone as the nightmare of that day flashed through her mind.

She remembered the last thing he said before she sunk into oblivion.

“I’ll fucking kill you before I let you screw another man. If I cant have you no one will!”

Coldness crept up her spine, paralysing her with fear.

I hope to God Jon is wrong! I can’t go through this again!

Connor’s fussy cry jerked her back to reality, sending blood to her limbs, forcing her to get up and go on.

No comments:

Post a Comment