Thursday, December 24, 2009

Chapter 308

“You cant do anything, I have to decide in my own time.”

His hands held her face gently, she felt his hands shaking lightly, the vulnerable look tugging at her heart.

“I love you baby. Just give me another chance, that’s all I ask.” He stood up and walked to the other side of the table, sat down and started eating.

The atmosphere was thick, but everytime she looked over to him he gave her the sexiest smile he could muster with a broken and uncertain heart beating in his chest.

Give her time for fucks sake Jon! He shook his head lightly.

After the meal Cheyenne stood up, took the plates and washed them. Jon took a cloth and together they cleaned the kitchen without really speaking to each other.

“I’ll make us some coffee, why don’t you go see what’s on the tv?”

‘I’ll go get us a movie or something, how’s that?”

‘That would be great!”

“ Anything in particular?”

“Naaaw, you choose.”

He grabbed the keys from the counter, glad Richie left a car here to do the daily run around.

“I’ll start the coffee so long.”

Jon walked up to the porch about a half an hour later, just to hear a crashing inside.

“Fuck, Cheyenne!”

He found her in the kitchen, doubling over, a broken mug on the floor. She was as white as snow and hoarse groan coming from her mouth, had his hair stood on end.

“Baby! This is not right! You cant keep going like this.”

“I’ll be…oh God…ok.”

He picked her up and carried her to the bedroom. She didn’t struggle, just holding onto the pain in her side, breathing deeply trying to cope.

He lay her on the bed, concern for her ripping through his guts.

“Do you have anything for the pain….honey!….do you have anything for the pain?”

“Yeah…..in the bathroom.”

She turned onto her side, trying her best not to whimper or cry out loud. The pain was getting worse and lasted longer than the others had.

He helped her up and handed her the pills. She swallowed it, grateful to know that the meds should kick in soon.

Stacey came in a while later, only to find Jon in the kitchen picking up the shattered mug.

“Did she throw you with it or something?”

He tried to smile but he was beside himself from worry.

“Cheyenne had one of her pains again. This is the second time I’ve seen it, but this one was fucking horrible. I don’t know how she copes with it. I really don’t know…”

“She has to go back to Jersey as soon as possible, Jon. Before its too late for her to travel. She needs someone who can keep an eye on her. I’m leaving on Monday and there is just no way she could be left alone.”

“She’ll go back with me. She just has to.” Determination burned in his eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment