Thursday, December 24, 2009

Chapter 300

The horror on Cheyenne’s face froze Jon to the spot. She wanted to run, he could see it, but something was wrong.

The moment she sagged to her knees, he rushed forward.

“No, please, Jon.” A pathetic whisper escaped from her, drifting towards him in the breeze.

He fell to his knees next to her, watching her as pain flashed over her features, pain reflecting in her eyes.

“Baby? What’s going on?”

She shook her head.

“How did you find me? Richie said you wouldn’t find me.”

She groaned softly, gripping her side.

“That’s not important right now. Tell me what the fuck is wrong, you are scaring me baby.”

“I’ll be fine….just give me a minute.” She breathed slowly, forcing the pain to subside.

“Do you want me to help you up?”

“NO! No…just let me sit like this till its over…”

Fear tore at his guts.

“Oh dear God are you in labour? Its too early! I need to get you to the hospital.”

“I’m not in labour...its easing now, just give me a minute.” She was hanging onto his hand, pressing it so hard her knuckles turned white. He didn’t even feel the pressure, he was panicking and the fact that she couldn’t even manage to answer his questions, made him see red warning flags.

Just as quickly as the pain slammed into her, it eased away like the waves eased back into the ocean.

Her eyes focused and her breathing slowed down. Flashing blue eyes bore into her , demanding answers.

“Its quite normal, nothing to worry about.” Her voice was barely audible she was still in shock.

“That didn’t look normal to me. How long have you had this?”

“A week or so. Jon you haven’t answered my question, how did you find me?”

“I told you I would look for you until I found you.” His hand reached up to catch a curl, blowing into her face. She jerked slightly, not wanting him to touch her.

“I missed you so damn much. I thought I’d never find you. My mom is in tears, Violet is sick of worrying, Dot is not speaking to me…what the fuck am I mumbling on about? I missed you, I need you to come back. I want to apologise for treating you so shabbily.”

She was losing herself in his eyes. He could never hide his emotions, it always reflected in his eyes. They were pleading with her, drawing her closer. Cheyenne shook her head, trying to clear her mind.

“I’m not falling for this Jon. You just want me back so you can have the babies.”

She stepped back and for a moment Jon thought she was going to turn and run.

No comments:

Post a Comment