Thursday, December 24, 2009

Chapter 310

Jon found Richie and the doctor in the hallway.

“Look who I found at the door.” Richie was smiling but his smile didn’t reach his eyes. He was worried about the doctor’s presence and shocked to see Jon.

The two brothers hugged each other. Jon turned to greet the doctor.

“Thank you for coming doctor. I feel much better knowing you are here.”

The doctor smiled.

“Well lets go up and see how she is doing.”

Richie was already there.

“Hey sweetheart! How are you doing?” He kissed her gently, stroking her tummy.

“I’m just great…..dr?”

Her eyes flew from Stacey to Jon.

“Good evening miss. Roberts. We have some concerned people here. Mr. Bongiovi flew me down to come and see you and…”

Jon gave the doctor a warning glare.

“Oh, ok then. Let examine you quickly.” He turned towards the crowd.

Richie blushed slightly. “Oh..oh yeah. Of cause. Come baby I need something to drink real bad.” They walked hand in hand towards the kitchen.

Jon waited outside the door, pacing up and down. It felt like ages before the doctor eventually opened the door.

“You can come in mr. Bo..”

“Please call me Jon.”

He walked in, scared of what he will see in her face.

“Jon, I’m going to be blunt. She is experiencing way too much stress. She hasn’t dilated yet, but I can almost guarantee you an early delivery. We need to get her back as soon as possible and I want to see her tomorrow on a fetal monitor. Miss. Roberts assured me that she still feels the babies move, but I want to make sure they aren’t in distress. We need to know before we board that plane tomorrow.”

Jon sucked in his breath and the doctor’s eyes widened when he realised what he said.

‘The what? Excuse me did I hear board a plane?! Jon?!”

The doctor looked distressed and turned towards Cheyenne.

“Miss Roberts I need you to stay calm and whatever we do, I just want you to remember, we do it for you and the babies’ health.”

The doctor excused himself after he gave Jon his cell phone number.

No comments:

Post a Comment