Thursday, December 24, 2009

Chapter 356

“I’m just glad you are back, Jon. Cheyenne had a really hard time, she might look tough, but she wasn’t coping well. She refused to sleep in her bed, staying with the twins all night and all day long. Violet and I begged and threatened but she didn’t budge. Maybe you could get her to rest for a while and let the nanny take care of the babies for a night or two. She is killing herself slowly.”

“I’ll make sure she rests. I hope we could solve this matter quickly and get this man out of our lives for good.”

The harsh lines on Jon’s face and the insinuation hung in the air. Joe nodded, knowing exactly what Jon asked of him without asking directly.

“It will be over soon.” Joe turned on his heel and walked out, a determined light burning in his eyes.

Violet came in with a steamy cup of coffee and a plate of Jon’s favourite snacks.

‘Welcome back, Jon!

“Thanks honey. Glad to be back!”

“I didn’t mean to eavesdrop, Jon, but Cheyenne needs some serious pampering, she didn’t sleep, she only ate enough to keep her milksupply up but I think the stress is getting to her, so maybe you should suggest that we put the babies on formula milk. Her body can’t take all the stress and demands of breastfeeding. I’m really worried about her. Where is she by the way?”

“Sleeping.”

“What did you do, hit her over the head?”

His mischievous smile made the old woman blush a scarlet red.

“I gave her some bad Jonny medicine.” Jon burst out laughing, the look on her face was priceless!

“Oh Jon! YOU!” She joined in the laughter, it was always good having him back. He and Richie were the life of this house.

“When is Richie coming back?”

“He’s just finishing up for me and should be here tomorrow night, so I suggest you get the cookies in the oven, the boy is coming home and he’ll need some cookies.”

“Too late. What do you think I do when you’re not here? Lazing about?! There is a mountain of cookies, but don’t tell Richie. I always hide it away.” She had her hands on her hips and a mock frown on her rounded face.

“Ouch! Now Im in the shit for trying to save you from a horrible death when Richie whines you to death for some cookies!” He chuckled playfully at the old woman.

Her eyes sparkled as she spoke, the love for Richie apparent in her smile.

“I’m ready for him. He can eat till he pops!”

‘You can bet on that sweetheart!”

No comments:

Post a Comment