Thursday, December 24, 2009

Chapter 307

“Its ok, baby. I shouldn’t have done this. I lost my cool there for a moment.”

He stood up in one fluid motion, he sucked in a shaky breath, raking his hand through his hair.

“Stacey cooked for us and by the look of your plate this afternoon you should be hungry by now.”

“Excuse me for a moment. I’m just going to get dressed.”

They were so close, she could feel his breath caressing her face.

“No need to get dressed baby, if you feel you have to cover up, put on your robe. I have seen you in much less…”

She blushed at his insinuation. She returned a while later, her robe tied around her.

Jon had already dished up and was waiting at the table for her.

“Lets eat, honey. The food smells delicious. Richie is going to be a fat old fart when he marries Stacey!”

She laughed at the visual.

“Stacey is a hell of a cook! And Richie is a hell of an eater, so yeah I can see him getting a bit rounded, but he will still be as cute as always..”

She almost swallowed her words, when she realised what she had said. She looked at Jon, fearing what she would read in his eyes.

Jon noticed the old nervous Cheyenne returning when she mentioned Richie.


What and ass I have been, she is even too scared to mention Richie!

“Hey, its ok. I think he is cute too. I could have fallen for him if I were a woman…or gay…”

Cheyenne’s fruit juice spluttered from her mouth, she choked and Jon rushed to her side, slapping her on the back.

She was laughing and coughing together and Jon chuckled guiltily.

“Remind me to tell Richie what you have said when we see him again.”

Jon’s hand ceased into the air.

“We?…baby are you saying what I think you just said? We..together?”

She saw the hope flared up in his dazzling blue eyes.

“Oh Jon, I didn’t mean to sound like that…its just.”

“When are you going to ease my suffering and tell me, good or bad. I need to know where I stand with you! I need to go on with my life with you or without you……shit!”

He was hurt and it felt to him that Cheyenne was going to send him packing. FUCK! He just knew he wouldn’t be able to cope with that.

He leaned forward, holding her knees together with his hands, his eyes smouldering in to hers, pleading at her, his nose almost touching hers.

“What do I have to do to make you take me back?? Please baby, tell me…”

No comments:

Post a Comment